Our Lady of Good Help Church History
The Roman Catholic Rite
When the church was first built in 1951, mass was held in the basement hall until May 3, 1953 when Archbishop J.H. MacDonald solemnly blessed and dedicated the church. The six parish priests that served Immaculate Heart include:
Fr. Joseph Burke (1951); Fr. Duncan MacDonnell; Fr. Charles Nearing; Fr. William McClellan; Fr. George Neumann; Fr. John Cunningham (2001)
In 2001, it was decided to amalgamate Immaculate Heart of Mary with St. Anthony’s and St. Agnes Parishes.